Love

Love

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Sweet, Sweet Baby

Holy moly it's been an entire season since I've last posted. I've thought about posting things but life has gotten in the way and well..things are getting pretty excited and crazy over in our household! We are so excited to be adding a new little person to our family, and since I'm now in the 3rd trimester, it's happening pretty soon! It feels like we were just making our official announcement.

It's been the most exciting time I think I've ever felt - not to mention occasionally the most hormonal and emotional. Overall I've had a really great pregnancy so far with little complaints. I'm still exercising and working and feeling pretty great! Hopefully I can keep that going as the 3rd trimester ramps up. It feels like it's going by so quickly, but also I feel like I've been pregnant forever.


We found out over Christmas time we were having a little boy! I definitely had a very bizarre reaction when we opened our ornament at home. I had been having dreams about having a little girl and so all of my images in my head were of a baby girl and girl things. So, I pretty much cried when I saw that it was a boy and felt terrible about it! I actually talked to a lot of my other mommy friends and they said they had the same reaction regardless, and part of it was morning the loss of possibilities and of the other sex. It was definitely a weird feeling that surprised me to have, and I don't think Kyle truly understood where I was coming from. I woke up the next morning feeling so overly excited and over the moon about our baby boy! What can I say, pregnancy hormones are crazy! We had a surprise gender reveal with our families on Christmas Eve and I will say it was such an amazing moment to share with everyone. I loved every minute of it!








This week I'm still on a high of coming back from my New Jersey baby shower. It was so wonderful to see all of my female friends and family, since most people have not even seen me with a bump at all. We've been getting so many amazing gifts and our nursery is well on it's way. My mom had an elephant/book theme and there were so many cute details! She did an amazing job. We're now finishing building all of his furniture and hanging curtains, and then it's mostly onto the smaller details and decor of his room.  I've been enjoying the prepping and nesting process so much!

Cannot wait to meet our precious baby boy!! He will be here before we know it! I will be doing a before and after nursery post soon! XoXo

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see your post! Love you guys! Put up pics of the room when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a chore to read. Brutal penmanship.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and comments!